What Will I Learn?
Participants will learn when imaging is indicated, what studies and views are indicated for various cases, how to review imaging and reports, and how to communicate with patients and other healthcare providers.
- Identify common static musculoskeletal imaging modalities utilized in the hip/pelvis.
- Determine the necessary radiographic views to request based on symptomatic distribution or mechanism of injury.
- Utilize proper clinical imaging terminology in relation to radiographic views.
- Identify normal anatomy on various imaging modalities.
- Identify the most common imaging planes for multiplanar hip imaging.
- Utilize evidence-based guidelines to screen for imaging necessity for various conditions.
- Understand signs, symptoms, or red flags suggestive of imaging necessity.
- Identify common pathologies with their proper clinical imaging terminology.
- Understand indications and contraindications for clinical imaging based on the American College of Radiology Appropriateness Criteria.
Who is My Instructor?
Dr. Lance Mabry is an Assistant Professor at High Point University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program where he teaches diagnostic imaging and primary care. He received his doctorate in physical therapy from U.S. Army-Baylor University and is a board certified orthopaedic specialist. He completed fellowship training in manual therapy and primary care through Kaiser Permanente. Lance retired from the United States Air Force after serving in both Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
He has rougly 30 peer reviewed publications focusing primarily on the clinical integration of musculoskeletal imaging into physical therapist practice.
Learn more here: https://www.redefinehealthed.com/lancemabry
Download Slides Here
Hip & Pelvis Radiographs
Hip & Pelvis Bone Scan & CT
Hip & Pelvis MRI
Hip & Pelvis Cases & Referral for Imaging
Hip & Pelvis Module Quiz
Hip & Pelvis Final Evaluation
Hip & Pelvis Final Certificate
Get your discount for the FULL Certification!
More FREE Resources...FREE PREVIEW
About this course
- 10 lessons
- 2 hours of video content