What Will I Learn?
Participants will learn when imaging is indicated, what studies and views are indicated for various cases, how to review imaging and reports, and how to communicate with patients and other healthcare providers.
- Understand the inherent statistical properties of various diagnostic imaging modalities.
- Understand the risks, benefits, and limitations of various imaging modalities.
- Understand how to orient yourself to directionality (superior/lateral/right/left/etc) in various imaging modalities.
- Understand how to interpret/use proper clinical imaging terminology when discussing various imaging modalities
- Identify structures by their radiodensity (air, fat, water/soft tissue, bone, metal) in radiographs or computed tomography scans.
- Understand how factors (i.e. movement, distance, etc) affect resolution, quality, or interpretation of clinical imaging.
- Apply search strategies for various imaging modalities.
- Select the appropriate window when searching for bony pathology utilizing computed tomography.
- Understand the properties of various magnetic resonance imaging weights and how that facilities optimal view of anatomy, soft tissue pathology, and bony pathology.
- Understand which imaging modalities are best for emergent conditions.
- Utilize a mnemonic to convey a clinical vignette to the radiologist when ordering radiologic test.
Who is My Instructor?
Dr. Lance Mabry is an Assistant Professor at High Point University Doctor of Physical Therapy Program where he teaches diagnostic imaging and primary care. He received his doctorate in physical therapy from U.S. Army-Baylor University and is a board certified orthopaedic specialist. He completed fellowship training in manual therapy and primary care through Kaiser Permanente. Lance retired from the United States Air Force after serving in both Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
He has rougly 30 peer reviewed publications focusing primarily on the clinical integration of musculoskeletal imaging into physical therapist practice.
Learn more here: https://www.redefinehealthed.com/lancemabry
Download Slides Here
CT & Bone Scintigraphy
Best Practice In Referral for Imaging
Intro Course Evaluation
Intro Module Quiz
Imaging Intro Final Certificate
Get your discount for the FULL Certification!
More FREE Resources...FREE PREVIEW
About this course
- 10 lessons
- 2 hours of video content